Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Challenged
I am always challenged when I read the first part of Job. "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". I wish that I could say that and mean it. Obviously it is easy to bless the Lord when everything is going well, and by and large, I don't run across a whole lot of adversity. But even still, I think that most of the time, I trust God or praise Him for what He does or has done for me, rather than who He is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yeah John... i was stunned by that as well as the comment Job made to his wife after she told him to curse God and die (I love you TW)... "Shall we accept good from God and not trouble?"
ReplyDeleteIt seems like today, we are afraid to admit that God may give us trouble or at least hardships. Often times I am stuck in thinking like Eliaphaz when he says...
"Should not your piety be your confidence
and your blameless ways your hope?
7 "Consider now: Who, being innocent, has ever perished?
Where were the upright ever destroyed?
8 As I have observed, those who plow evil
and those who sow trouble reap it. "
Classic mentality that I am judged on performance and that everything that happens in my life is as a result of God rewarding me or punishing me for my actions.
Job seems to have a much better idea about how God works when he states, "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."
Love you Raineman!
-camel