Monday, August 17, 2009

Examine Yourself

2 Corinth 13:5

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you-unless, of course you fail the test.

Does anyone have any idea what this looks like? I think i constantly am examining myself and, in fear, am always concluding that I am failing. My hope is that somehow, God's examination of me reveals Christ, whereas my examination of myself often only reveals failure and shortcoming.

-camel

1 comment:

  1. I think you're right in what you say - that when God examines you, He sees Christ. I think that is what the "test yourselves" is referring to, whether or not Christ is in you (because it says "Christ is in you...unless you fail the test"). Of course if Christ is in us there will be things in our lives that will be tested and look different, but the test is simply about His presence in our lives. Even after we decide to follow Him, it's never our righteousness or grand spiritual achievements that put us in right standing with God.

    This is something I'm struggling to fully learn right now too, but so freeing in the moments when I embrace it.

    ReplyDelete